Friday, August 31, 2012

On which cloud are you?

Some years ago all people would have answered: on cloud nine. And if not, they at least wished to be there or go there again.

Well, I don’t have to mention that things have changed in the past years. There are so many clouds everywhere we go and look. And no, I don’t mean the clouds we see when we look at the sky, I mean cloud computing. The computer has clouds, the computer is the new heaven. We can save everything there, it is a cache on the Internet, so you can save all your data, music, letters or whatever, and reach the stuff with any device. Because it is all on the Internet and not on your home computer.


like the heaven is the internet full of clouds. everyone can reach the data from everywhere.
I have to say I use Google Docs for writing and saving my blog entries on the Internet until I publish them on my blog. But is this really safe? Sometimes I think about that. I mean, it is nothing important, just my thoughts about various things, and I would never save any real important information there like my bank account data. This is a good service, because nowadays we don’t just have one computer, we have lots of devices with which we can use the Internet, e.g. our smartphone.

Everywhere we go, we take our data with us, we show more and more of ourselves on the Internet, with the entire world. What a revolution. But we also should take good care of what’s really important, things we don’t wanna anyone else to see. Some publish too many pictures and stuff like that e.g. on Facebook, and don’t think about the consequences. I mean also all social media network sites like Facebook or Twitter, are clouds as well. Because you can upload pictures and save it on the Internet, so that everyone can see it. But keep in mind, the Internet is not a person. A person can forget, the Internet not. Once on the Internet, for ever and ever on the Internet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All these advantages of the computer (and social media sites) have disadvantages too. We have to be smart in protecting ourselves and some of it is out of our control. I had a incident where a temp employment agency sent an employee to my workplace and she took my HR records and got a credit card on the computer using my information. She had the card sent to her home .(so she got caught after maxing it out)Identity theft is easier with being able to do these things online and not in person. I know alot of employers who look at Facebook too before they hire someone. And from what I understand the kids can do more bullying by going online. It's so sad and yet the computer has also made so many good things possible for us.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...