Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independent liberty

Today is the 4th of July - Independence Day. This is a big day for all the Americans on which they celebrate their independence. This let me think about the word itself. What does it mean to be free? Am I free? I mean not only Americans want to gain independent. We all want to be free. But are we actually?

A lot of things have changed in the past years, decades and centuries. And I have to admit that I am very grateful that I live these days than some years ago. Not just that women are not only housewives anymore, that they are also allowed now to do almost as much as men do. There are still some differences, e.g. in the payment, but most of all the two genders are equal.

I also like that people can be who they are. I mean in the Bible we can read that every person is the same and should be respected by the way he or she is and so do also respect others. This was long time ago a big problem and I guess for some guys it still is. If someone is a bit different or not like the average, people judge them for being not normal. Like some days ago when I have seen these Oreo pictures - thanks to Chris Whiting who tweeted that - and the comments of some people about it. Some really wrote just silly stuff which reminds me of how life would like have been some years ago. But in my mind we are civilized now, and I can’t imagine why some people still make such a big deal of something like that.







Every person is free to choose who they love. Of course it’s crazy to think about marrying a manga figure (manga = japanese comic book). I actually read an article on the internet about that some months ago. A grown up Japanese man wanted to marry his favorite manga character. That’s really overdone. But as long as you love another human being - I think it doesn’t matter how old he/she is (of course not an adult and a child, but I guess you know what I mean) or what gender he/she is - everything's fine. Love is so much more. Everyone should be free to choose and free to love.

Freedom gives us the opportunity to live the way we want to. Why should we change our life just because we don’t get accepted by other people? Every person lives only once and this life shouldn’t be wasted. Freedom means for me to do the things you like as long as you don’t harm others. Dare to be yourself. Live your life and not the life others want you to have or live because no one knows you better than you do.

What is freedom for you? Do you feel free? How do you celebrate the Fourth of July?



If you're interested, here is the site about the Oreo's: http://www.tickld.com/t/16149

2 comments:

All said...

This is a brilliant point, and I agree that as long as there is love, a person should be allowed to marry whomever they please, man or woman. I also just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, here: http://itsanorganizedmess.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your opinion and wow thank you for that nomination - and that on my birthday! what a wonderful present! Thanks so much.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...